• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Commercially available fuel filter

Dixiedog

Was wondering if someone had a part number for a commercially available fuel filter for the 6.2 engine? If it matters it is a M998 from 1985.

kc5mzd

Try "Fleet Pride". They can get most filters and have very good prices. They are a commercial truck chain store and are in most large cities.

ruSSrt

i received my filter and going to change it once i start overhaul process on my hmmwv.....

But i was thinking..... how hard would it be to change the system and do fuel filter relocation or fuel filter "by-pass" system.... have anyone tried/looked in to it?

In the 2004 lb7 duramax engines a commen problem they ran into was failing injectors due to air in the fuel causing contact in the injectors as well as not having a small enough micron filter.

I say that to say this. As long as you are the same or better in filtration (micron) the lift pump, or main pump, is not overly straining to maintain fuel pressure to supply fuel to the injectors you can pretty much have whatever filter you want.

I will probably invest in an airdog system and completely delete the factory fuel filter and lift pump. Lb7 duramax guys do it all the time to "cure" injector failure and it also vacuums air out of the lines and slightly improves fuel economy. Plus Airdog boasts a lifetime warranty on there pumps which is a huge improovement over the problem the factory lift pumps are to begin with.

"There is no darkness we'll not face boldly for each other, so to hells gates I will charge to ransom back my brother"