• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Commo Question

wb1895

How hard would it be to wire up a Charlie box in a deuce? And what parts would be needed? I believe i have found a Deuce that I want to buy and I am already thinking of adding a commo system to it. No need for external radio commo just internal commo. Any commo guys out there that know?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Quite easy. I was thinking about doing a step by step thread on this as I prepare to install one in a deuce.

If you can cut a wire, strip the wire, and crimp on two wire hoops to attach to the battery, you can do it.

Best option is to download the TM on how to install VIC-1 system in armored vehicles.

You will need

1 x AM1780 amplifier
2 or more x C-2298 control boxes.
highly suggest a MX7777 surge supressor

Plus all the cables to connect this stuff

2 or more sets of H161 headsets or H251 with handset.

avengeusa

so what would all of that stuff normally cost a person who wanted to install a vic-1, and where would one find it all

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Last year you could have had one one here for $120 without cables. I have an AM1780 on ebay now. I will be listing a set of 4 C2298's this weekend. Don't have any cables. I know some folks are selling systems at 400-500.