• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Common m1009 CUCV modifications

Healy

As far as a stock CUCV goes, what should i replace before trying to run it if it's in completely stock condition, and what are some things i should be looking at to asses, such as gaskets, seals, wiring, ETC. Also as far as the interior goes is there anyway to repaint the insides the way they would have looked when leaving the factory if there's surface rust? What kind of accesories can i put into it without detracting from the military look too much, I.E Winches, fog lights, lift kits, what are some good aggressive tires, what are the Mil. Issue tires for it, How much do common replacement parts cost? Just any answers that could help me With an M1009 project.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
you should change out the starter relay, or unbolt the old from the dash for easy unplugging in case it sticks. replacement parts are cheap, surf craiglist for old blazers, pickups, and suburbans.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Every question you are posting has been asked and answered many times.

Read the CUCV Wiki and the stickies in the CUCV Forum.

Advanced search will become your best friend.

And being a young newbie we will be gentle for a while.....;)

Try to keep all your questions in one thread so everyone will be able to follow along.

Depending on where you get the truck and who has owned it, plan on spending at least $1000 geting it in running condition. This goes for any 25+ year old vehicle.

Healy

thank you for the temporary tolerance, i've searched the FAQ thread a few times and it's helped solve a few mysteries for me already, my apologies i guess my excitement has gotten the best of me for the moment :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks