• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Common Oil Pressure?

Murdawg

I had the same problem. My gauge read 15 psi at the max and 5 psi after it was warm. I got a cheap mechanical oil pressure gauge from summit for like $25. Took 15 min to install. Going down the road I get 70 psi and the lowest I get at idle is 25 psi. I know an aftermarket gauge doesn't fit the stile 100%, but it's cheap and it works.

SpyDad

About 70-75 lbs on fast idle or cruising- (with a 120 lb gauge)
Thanks Montana...so what could be the culprit causing my pressure to be running around 90 psi when warm? Bad sending unit? Clogged oil filters? I have a spin on kit coming so maybe this will help reduce some of the pressure.

Thanks again, Dan.

markmontana

I would consider most o/p gauges in 2.5 ton trucks to be relatively accurate- meaning the numbers may not relate to the actual pressure, but will give a consistent reading. So get to know the pressure readings for your truck, and if there are any changes- then you know you have a problem to check.