• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Common Oil Pressure?

Murdawg

I had the same problem. My gauge read 15 psi at the max and 5 psi after it was warm. I got a cheap mechanical oil pressure gauge from summit for like $25. Took 15 min to install. Going down the road I get 70 psi and the lowest I get at idle is 25 psi. I know an aftermarket gauge doesn't fit the stile 100%, but it's cheap and it works.

SpyDad

About 70-75 lbs on fast idle or cruising- (with a 120 lb gauge)
Thanks Montana...so what could be the culprit causing my pressure to be running around 90 psi when warm? Bad sending unit? Clogged oil filters? I have a spin on kit coming so maybe this will help reduce some of the pressure.

Thanks again, Dan.

markmontana

I would consider most o/p gauges in 2.5 ton trucks to be relatively accurate- meaning the numbers may not relate to the actual pressure, but will give a consistent reading. So get to know the pressure readings for your truck, and if there are any changes- then you know you have a problem to check.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks