• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Communication radios type and installation

Dhallftworth

I'm looking at putting a communication radio in both of my trucks, but I'm not sure what type or frequency/channel to run them at. Do y'all run a CB type radio, or what kind? On the big convoys or get togethers, it would be helpful to be able to talk to the entire convoy. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples of what you run?

truck1

Rt-524 or Rt-246 and an R-442 should do the trick. They are VHF radios , military surplus. I have both in my 1028. Parts including radios and cables with mounts ran about 1K. Install was easy. Sourcing parts can be a challenge. With a PRC77 you can test your setup and have vehicle and pack radio comms. They are fun and by law you need a ham tech license at least to transmit. You can listen unrestricted . Good setup for who knows what I think.