• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Communications shelters

crash7795

Looking for someone with some hands-on knowledge...

http://store.colemans.com/cart/shelter-communications-p-1693.html. This appears to be an S250 shelter, even though the picture has a data plate that says AN/TSC-76. It also weighs 2200 pounds. Little heavy for what I want.

I am curious if anyone knows what this is. http://store.colemans.com/cart/shelter-communications-p-1694.html. No data plate info in the picture. Just looking for the proper nomenclature, and weight if anyone knows that information.

Short version is I am thinking about turning my M105 trailer into a camper. Debating custom build vs. prefab shelter. Leaning towards custom build, but curious about these lighter-weight shelters in the second link.

Thanks,
Jared

ke5eua

It's a 250, 2200 lbs is awfully heavy for these. Mine comes in around 800-900 lbs striped empty.

1200 lbs of equipment inside is possible but I highly doubt it.

The place where I got mine in VA had one that still had all the tele-type equipment inside, talk about drool.

The second link is essentially an upgraded version of the 250. Allowing for a little more room inside. Some versions have a provision for a generator in the front end.

Unless you go with a 280 type shelter, these hmwvv shelters stay around 1k empty weight.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I've got a 250 that has all the commo/patch panel equipment in it, It weighed around 2k when I picked it up from GL

That (the link) is the same shelter I have

Last edited:

crash7795

That would explain the difference in weight. What's a reasonable price for the shell? And I've seen a couple with the extendable camper legs....looks like an add-on and not MILSPEC. Good guess? Or can they actually be found with those legs on there?

Jared

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks