• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Communications shelters

crash7795

Looking for someone with some hands-on knowledge...

http://store.colemans.com/cart/shelter-communications-p-1693.html. This appears to be an S250 shelter, even though the picture has a data plate that says AN/TSC-76. It also weighs 2200 pounds. Little heavy for what I want.

I am curious if anyone knows what this is. http://store.colemans.com/cart/shelter-communications-p-1694.html. No data plate info in the picture. Just looking for the proper nomenclature, and weight if anyone knows that information.

Short version is I am thinking about turning my M105 trailer into a camper. Debating custom build vs. prefab shelter. Leaning towards custom build, but curious about these lighter-weight shelters in the second link.

Thanks,
Jared

ke5eua

It's a 250, 2200 lbs is awfully heavy for these. Mine comes in around 800-900 lbs striped empty.

1200 lbs of equipment inside is possible but I highly doubt it.

The place where I got mine in VA had one that still had all the tele-type equipment inside, talk about drool.

The second link is essentially an upgraded version of the 250. Allowing for a little more room inside. Some versions have a provision for a generator in the front end.

Unless you go with a 280 type shelter, these hmwvv shelters stay around 1k empty weight.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I've got a 250 that has all the commo/patch panel equipment in it, It weighed around 2k when I picked it up from GL

That (the link) is the same shelter I have

Last edited:

crash7795

That would explain the difference in weight. What's a reasonable price for the shell? And I've seen a couple with the extendable camper legs....looks like an add-on and not MILSPEC. Good guess? Or can they actually be found with those legs on there?

Jared

Last edited: