• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Complete heater kit needed/wanted

citizensoldier

Its getting cold up here!!! No heater on my M109.. :( Need a complete kit andyone have one for sale? Saturn is out, Colemans is out. Anyone have a extra they will sell or maybe a good used one? Need it all duct work,tubing heater box linkage,front cover.. Help??
Windows fog up and I cant get her over 160!! Cold hearted bi@#%...
Pm me if you can help..
Oh... Anyone have the back heater for the M109 box? Multi fuel or water type..

Opie

Wigington Surplus
(864) 859-2692
These folks had some complete kits for the cab two years ago for about $200. Mr. W is pretty hard of hearing, but Mrs. W can act as the "go-between."

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one. It was incorrectly installed in the xm757 8x8 (it needs the fuel heated version).
I'll check it out tomorrow, but appears in excellent condition.
How about $50.00 plus shipping? No ducts.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Citizensoldier, let us know if you are interested in the one I have for sale, please. If not, Derby PM me, the offer is really for anyone.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
if you guys just need to warm up, Sam Winers sells a NOS M151 heater for around $60. Bolt it anywhere, pipe water and 24 volts to it and have heat. You would have to get a little fancier to hook up ducting for the defrost. As far as getting the engine hot, you can block the radiator with almost anything. Cheap heat for sure

citizensoldier

cranetruck

Thanks for the offer. I am calling around today trying to find a NOS kit. If the other guy wants it let him have it.
I do have a M151 kit that I may install if I cant find the M35 one. Once again thanks for your time.

Opie

RE: cranetruck

On the topic of cab heaters, I've heard the defroster ducts in the M44 cabs "inhale." Miltrucks once had some additional sheet metal deflectors from one of the arctic kits which were supposed to help.

Any opinions? Where can they be found if they're worth pursuing. (I've seen them on E-Bay for the M151.)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: cranetruck

My truck has an M151 heater in it-makes access to the IP and the filters much easier.

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello All,

I have a complete NOS M35 heater kit available if any one is interested......asking 275 plus shipping..........

located in NJ

Ziggy

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto: I have been looking for a source for the 3" and 4" hose . Does anyone know where it can be bought new?

TacticalTruck

My friend Kells (deepwoods@citcom.net) has a barn full of NOS mutt heater kits.
The M809 uses the same heater kit but requires the accessory kit to adapt it to the M809 application. The biggest difference is the hearter mount over the muffler and the diverter box under the dash is backwards from M44 series trucks because the hearter core mounts on the passenger side. I would try McMaster-Carr or MSC for ducting.
Jeff

citizensoldier

Bit the bullet

Thanks for all the help guys. I am getting the one from Ozzyo. Everyone mentioned was out or I could not get a answer on the other end. Thanks for all the help. Now to get it here and intalled. Cant wait to feel some heat in the cab. :roll: :wink: :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks