• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Complete interior removal

Hawkster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to "take it down" to the bare minimum and sound proof and insulate the dash then the floor etc,.. Then I want to replace the dash panels with new ones. New bulbs, lenses, etc.. Passenger seat redone with better material.
Insulate the back of the cab and the roof, fix the air gaps at the windows and so on. Basically, I just want to have the interior quiet as I can with as many of the gaps sealed and some of the water intrusions sealed by the windshield.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I want to "take it down" to the bare minimum and sound proof and insulate the dash then the floor etc,.. Then I want to replace the dash panels with new ones. New bulbs, lenses, etc.. Passenger seat redone with better material.
Insulate the back of the cab and the roof, fix the air gaps at the windows and so on. Basically, I just want to have the interior quiet as I can with as many of the gaps sealed and some of the water intrusions sealed by the windshield.
You aren't going to keep the sound out with a 250 truck. Doesn't matter what you do.

Quite a few of us have gutted them down to replace the floor. When I reinstalled I used 1inch foam board on the underside of the floor and used the 4x8 horse stall Mat from tractor supply in the cab.

There are firewall and backwall insulation kits out there that were military issue.

The roofs aren't made of crap so you really won't want to add anything to it.

Attachments

Hawkster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You aren't going to keep the sound out with a 250 truck. Doesn't matter what you do.

Quite a few of us have gutted them down to replace the floor. When I reinstalled I used 1inch foam board on the underside of the floor and used the 4x8 horse stall Mat from tractor supply in the cab.

There are firewall and backwall insulation kits out there that were military issue.

The roofs aren't made of crap so you really won't want to add anything to it.
Thank you for the response and the photos! Looks like I will have to put some serious thought into sound suppression elsewhere or another way.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The Darien gap will swallow anything I've got so that negates that trek
I saw something recently on CBS talking about that passageway. Last year 250,000 people crossed the Darién Gap – twenty times more than just a few years ago.

Now if you could get a few thousand folks behind your trailer pushing, maybe you could make it through there. If you didn't get hijacked...

ToddJK

That truck looks pretty darn nice! Even has the crane on the back which I don't see very often.
I wouldn't change much, maybe replace the old weatherstripping with new and fill some gaps to cut down on some drafts. That's the thing with these trucks, they will be hot or cold, the rain will seep in, and it's usually loud, nature of the beast so to speak. As far as the seats go, that looks like vinyl or some type of fake leather material. A huge bonus on that is the ease of cleaning. Might not be a bad idea to get some hd canvas from a hobby store and make your own seat covers. At least covers can be removed and thrown into the washer if they get dirty, the seats can be wiped off.
That's just my two cents, but wanting to upgrade and personalize your own truck is understandable. Just be sure the time and money spent is worth the potential outcome.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks