• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Complete interior removal

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem here is that you started out with a 939 series 5 ton! I started out with a Deuce, now that was loud as hell inside driving down the highway, I do mean to the point that I wore earplugs! I needed to quiet the Deuce down inside a bit so I could at least talk inside the cab while running down the road and I did get it there! I started with FATMAT sound proofing and insulation under the trans tunnel and as far under the floor boards as possible. Then when I painted the truck I had them Rhinoline from just under the dash all the way back to where the cab bolts to the lower cab tub. Then I pulled that nonsense cardboard out that on the inside top of the cab and put 3/4 inch tractor foam on in its place. The reduction in the noise inside the cab went from very loud and earplugs to no more ear plugs and going down the highway you can talk and you dont have to shout till your hoarse , I considered this a very successful outcome.
When I got my 5 ton it was already SO QUIET inside I never even gave it any thought on making it even quieter. With that said I would think the stuff I did to my Deuce would also work for the 5 ton in your quest to make the ride more pleasant!
Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks