• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Complete newbie from Ohio!

tbar123

Hello all, As the title says ,I'm a complete newbie to military vehicles. I have always admired the look and smell of them.When I was 8 years old I actually had the time of my life riding down the run way at the local Air Guard base, in a Oshkosh firetruck,go up in the flight tower, and believe it or not ride in a A-7D from the tarmac into the hanger. So this Saturday I'm actually picking up my first one (of many I hope). It's your standard M923-86' model. It's currently sporting the what I would call woodland camo pattern, but am planning on desert tan paint when I get the rest of the truck up to snuff. But Saturday just seems so long away, it's almost like torture!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Download the free technical manuals for your truck and familarize your self with the Operators Manual. It will explain all the switches, gauges, pre-drive checks, etc

Last edited by a moderator:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from the "other" side of Dayton.

Parade season coming up, you want in?

tbar123

Wharthog; Thank You, I have looked through that section of the forums, but didn't see one for M923, So I'm lost as to which one I need. I'm a truck driver and have worked delivering concrete for 8 years before my current job and have driven some old trucks. The oddest was a six wheel drive international, That was fun though.

Swbradley1; I would like to if the truck is in good enough shape. I know it's well maintained mechanically speaking, but I know some small body work needs to be done, other than that, If my work schedule will allow. If both of those pan out, I would love to!

DanDan

Stop now! Run away fast! Your partner will hate you, you will spend all your time on SS website, your bank account will be empty! :) Congratulations!!! I've driven everything military and finally bought an M35A2. Can't wait to get driving but way too much snow up here.

Best wishes!

tbar123

DanDAn;I guess I'm lucky on that part, Not married and don't plan on it. Not that I'm against marriage, but just haven't found that one for me! Yet!!!

Warthog; Thank you kindly sir. I do appreciate that.

Recovery; That's a pretty distant suburb,I'll be down in Orlando this year. First time to Florida. I do hear great things about it.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DanDAn;I guess I'm lucky on that part, Not married and don't plan on it. Not that I'm against marriage, but just haven't found that one for me! Yet!!!

Warthog; Thank you kindly sir. I do appreciate that.

Recovery; That's a pretty distant suburb,I'll be done in Orlando this year. First time to Florida. I do hear great things about it.

Feels like a suburb. Left Huber Gulch in 1989, been here ever since. As luck would have it, I will be relocating my family to GA in a little over 2 years. I have to get out of this heat. Fortunatly I've developed the willpower and self control to reduce my fleet down to 3 small trucks and a few trailers. I'm set to move!

jw4x4

Welcome from Dayton. I have ridden my quads at Bud's in Enon. Also enjoyed a few good meals at The Dock. Which concrete company did you work for? I work for Hotopp Excavating in Dayton.

Last edited:

tbar123

RodUSMC;Yes this week is extremely slow, Everyday feels like a week!

Rusty Nut; I have been working on those muscles for a good while now, 4 gals of milk curls. It works. Do it a lot at work.Still can't get them all they way up to the chest but pretty close.

JW4x4;I haven't made it down to Bud's yet but get insurance letters from him almost every week.Yes the Dock is a great place to eat, and to have a few adult beverages! I worked for Piqua Concrete, and before that I was with Bryce Hill. I quit pouring concrete in 06' but is Hotopp the all red trucks with white letters?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks