• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Compressor BMW 452 ENG-1

Milbikes

I went to preview a Dodge M880, and in the yard, they had a small compressor on a trailer. It has a single cylinder Wisconsin engine. The data tag says COMP AIR G.E.D. 15 C.F.M. Champion Pneumatic BMW 452 ENG-1. The tag also says it is on a "trailer, winterized". The guy at the facility says it has never run while he has been there. It does turn though. Lots of nuts and seeds in the engine shroud. Tires are pretty rough. But, I think it will look good behind my M37! So, what was the main application of these compressors? If I can get it running well, maybe it will be used to paint itself, and the M37. (That justifies my purchase). H.

Attachments

Milbikes

Pictures of M569 trailer mounted compressor

Brought it home today, no problems encountered on the trip. The yard said they used it last year. Keeping my fingers crossed. H.

Attachments