• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

compressor keeps going on off on off and keeps going click click click in the cab ?

Bugoutwhistler

At random the compressor will go on off on off on off and I guess the valve in the cab will go click click click then it might stop for a bit then have a fit a few times . what should I tackle first , I know I have oil in the air system, is that getting into something it shouldn't like the pop off valve cause that's what the noise in the cab sounds like . It went away for a bit when I drove it a good bit before so we thought it was just from sitting ,but I had it out for an hr or two last night and it did it half way threw the night. is this going to hurt anything if I drive it cause I have fire wood to haul, or am I going to loose air while out on the road someplace and have no brakes? Do I need a new compressor because of the oil in the system and all this noise? When its not having a fit the air comes on every min or less for 10 secor so , need some help .auaauaaua

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It would be on the firewall.

I see that you've had a few issues. Please take some time to review the TM's, you'll find a wealth of info in them.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The TM's will certainly help. They contain images of pretty much everything you could possibly think of on it. As well as troubleshooting guides. Just click on the Technical Manuals link up top to get to the TM section.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read the book. You have to be able to descriminate - whats going on. There is a govoner. It controls the pressure. There is an "unloader valve" in the head of the compressor that controls the output of the compressor. If that fails, it may allow the compressor to over-charge, or not charge, at all.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The odds of the unloader taking a dump is .01%, the actions you describe is classic for a bad/sticking governor, the oil from the compressor is not helping the stickyness

peashooter

Ive seen 2 Napa part numbers (via the ss search) for the air system governor from napa, one is MBI KN18534 and its about $55, the other is TWD H284358 and its about $11. I assume they both work? or can anyone verify that the cheaper TWD H284358 is correct?

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Result.aspx?Ntt%3dmbi%2bkn18534%26Ntk%3dKeyword%26Nty%3d1%26Dn%3d0%26D%3dmbi%2bkn18534%26Dk%3d1%26Dp%3d3%26N%3d0

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Result.aspx?Ntt%3dH284358%26Ntk%3dKeyword%26Nty%3d1%26Dn%3d0%26D%3dH284358%26Dk%3d1%26Dp%3d3%26N%3d0

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks