• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Compressor Missing Freeze Plug

stevegr

One of the freeze plugs is missing on the top-engine side of my compressor. Pics Attached. Need to drive my Deuce tomorrow and was wondering if I should wait till I get a new freeze plug before I drive it? The compressor still pressurizes the system good and the air buzzer stays off all day. With the engine running, I put my finger over the hole and felt a very small amount of pressure. I assume this cap is used to plug a drilled hole and just keeps water and dust out. Looked around on SS a little bit, checked the TM and googled for this but coudn't find this particular view (pic 1632) of the compressor. It is a Midland-Ross Type 1 With Unloader, Part# MS-51322-1. [thumbzup]

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks