• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Condensation and milkshake in my trucks valve cover

skinnyR1

Well, amazingly, the seller offered to put in another take out motor for free. Or, I can buy a crate motor and they will put that in for me. This is over and above, and they are really going out of their way to help me out here, when they didn't have to do anything really.

Now I need to figure out how to get the truck 250 mile from CT to PA.

skinnyR1

carry lots of water, remove rad cap so no pressure, drive it.
If I have to drive it, I will. I am fairly confident that it would make it. The problem is, this is two trips there and back. They aren't going to do a motor swap for me in a day. One round trip to drop it off, another a couple of weeks later to pick it up again. Two separate one way rental car purchases. I don't want to ask anyone to chase car for me.

When I made this trek before, it was 4 hours there in the rental car, and then 8 hours drive back in the duece. One day, 500 miles. Once again, fine, but not something I want to repeat again twice unless I have to.

skinnyR1

I am definitely going to get the truck there. No question about that. The questions that remain are whether I am driving it there or not. And do I want to buy a new crate motor instead of having a take out put in. I really like the idea of new, but don't like the idea of the price involved.

skinnyR1

I do not get the option to pick the motor if I am swapping to a take out for nothing.

I am currently doing my best to talk myself into the new crate motor.

mikey

I saw your thread about transport first, then read this thread. Every post.

I knew from the transport thread, who sold you the truck. I was thinking the entire time that this doesn't sound right. They are amazing people do deal with, about as honest and fair as you'd ever meet. They are the type of people you can do business with on a handshake, and that is rare today.

At the end of this thread it became apparent that they did the right thing. That's the way they are. I'd be confident that if they chose the take out for you, it would be gone through to the point that you won't have to worry about this or any other engine problems again for quite a few miles.

On the flip side, I saw a new crated engine last time I was there. Too steep for my wallet, but God **** it was beautiful.

I'm glad this is being resolved to your satisfaction. Regarding time, money and headache, you're both losing, but had you purchased from someone else, you could be losing A LOT more.

They're good people and a huge asset to this hobby and to my personal collection.

Mikey

skinnyR1

Road trip set for tomorrow. 250 miles to go and have another motor put in. Hopefully it makes it, I'm going to carry plenty of water.
I have to make this trip twice, again later to pick up the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks