• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Considering a Bobbed Deuce but FIRST....

neil2007

Hello Fellow Steel Soldiers!

(First a note: This is not intended as a For Sale posting, just to gauge the interest of an idea... :-D I am hoping by posting in this forum I might catch the attention of someone who may not actually be looking to buy, but whom might be in a position to benefit from this idea as well...)

I'm considering building a Bobbed deuce All Terrain camper/Toy Hauler. My dilemma is that I own a Rare all Original Gasser 530B Firemaster un-restored and would be a very good vehicle for preservation. Can be viewed at http://530B.letsgettwisted.com Only thing(s) it needs is an exhaust/intake manifold and batteries. I know the whole history of the vehicle and have it all documented.

The dilemma is it is in good enough shape that I can not bring myself to completely destroy whatever historical value it has (and I know some think the notion of historical value being silly because the military never really kept records as to the history of a specific vehicle by vin # to be able to prove any of it's history, so there is really no value in some eyes) but I am one of those who does believe in it having some historical value (even if it's not a monetary value). So independent of any conversations we could have on historical value or not, here is my question :

Is there any serious interest in trading deuce for deuce? What I am looking for is a basically a running/drivable DIESEL Whistler Deuce cab and chassis w/title that would serve as a foundation for my project. My hope is that someone who is looking to own and preserve a piece of history, may be in a position to where a swap like this would be beneficial to both of us.

Yes, I could just modify what I've got, but I'd PREFER not to throw another piece of history under the chopping block. :")

Any discussion on this is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Neil

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My hat is off to you for the approach you are taking. I hope that it pans out as planned.

My only suggestion would be to change the title to something that better reflects the idea.

neil2007

Thanks... I struggled with the title, but maybe the edit I just did will help others get a better grasp of my idea before reading it!

Thanks for the suggestion!!!

Neil