• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Considering M35A2 offer - Thoughts?

MRDunlap

I have been offered a 69 M35A2, was running, been sitting 3 years, usual minor rust, for $3000 delivered from VA to NC, only catch is it was never been titled. Any input is appreciated thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

FloridaAKM

A lot of the more knowledgeable guys here won't touch an untitled truck unless it is a salvage parts truck. Others will be by later on to fill in more details.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What paper work does the current "owner" possess? Did he buy it from someone? Or, did he find it? I'm not up to date on NC motor vehicle laws; It may be able to be titled with a bill of sale once the VIN is verified clean. Several scenarios exist; then it may just be a parts trucks if not stolen.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know how the laws are in North Carolina, in California & Nevada folks will usually pass on an untitled vehicle. I recommend talking with your local DMV before you part with any cash.

MRDunlap

The truck has changed hands a few times and was never titled, sale would be only bill if sale, nc law would require me to aquire a bonded title

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck has changed hands a few times and was never titled, sale would be only bill if sale, nc law would require me to aquire a bonded title
Sounds like there is some light at the end of the tunnel, bonded title gets it on the road and plates. Cost prohibited?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bonded title is my understanding too... and you have to keep it for 3 years IIRC? After that, the state will issue a normal title.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whatever you do, make sure that the VIN is ran by a LEO. Also, the VIN is stamped in the frame, make darn sure that matches the bill of sale and data plate.

MRDunlap

Seems to have been used as a farm truck untill parked, I have ID# from dash is 18 digits instead the normal 17 so i dont know how to run it? Should also be on frame in F/L Wheel Well right?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems to have been used as a farm truck untill parked, I have ID# from dash is 18 digits instead the normal 17 so i dont know how to run it? Should also be on frame in F/L Wheel Well right?
Send me what you got (PM) and I'll run it against the system to give you an actual answer as to what's what. I can also provide the official document as to what the Army said it's information was, and sign an MFR to the same. I've done it before... and I was supposed to do it for someone else, and lost their stuff. sheit... time to post a new thread.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes on the frame in the left front wheel well, just a little forward of the front axle. Take a scraper just incase there is a lot of paint. Good Luck!

MRDunlap

Does the DMV tittle these trucks with only 9 character VIN numbers? Everything ive found requires 17? Im trying to check any background this truck might have had. Thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
17 digit VINs didn't exist in 69. Some folks add the registration number to the VIN and create their own number. My old wrecker had a 6 character VIN and was titled without issue. Only the VIN is stamped in the frame.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks