• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Console between drivers and passenger seat on M1009

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking to add some type of a console between the driver and passenger seat and wondered if some of you have done that and what it looked like. Any pictures or where you bought one would be great.
Thanks

cucvrus

My vote is the civilian console. Nice and comfy and has cup holders and a nice place to keep papers and has a lockable soft plastic lid. No rattle box. Hard to open and latch ammo can for my trucks. It was a question and that is my opinion. Do as you wish. I have several of the civilian ones in use with good results and nice on the body when you have Grandchildren and kids getting in and out no sharp edges and bad pinch points like an ammo can has. Your wife will be happier with the console. Plastic don't rust and wont promote rust. Also consoles fits the contour of the floor and seats nicely. Happy New Year.

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My vote is the civilian console. Nice and comfy and has cup holders and a nice place to keep papers and has a lockable soft plastic lid. No rattle box. Hard to open and latch ammo can for my trucks. It was a question and that is my opinion. Do as you wish. I have several of the civilian ones in use with good results and nice on the body when you have Grandchildren and kids getting in and out no sharp edges and bad pinch points like an ammo can has. Your wife will be happier with the console. Plastic don't rust and wont promote rust. Also consoles fits the contour of the floor and seats nicely. Happy New Year.
Can you upload a photos of yours please? Thanks

cucvrus

I will when I get to the Crown of Thorns. That is M1009 that I have a bit more comfortable then a stock M1009. Not much more just a bit. Look later this evening. I will try and get there today after I put a set of rear brakes on an M1009 a customer dropped off today.

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will when I get to the Crown of Thorns. That is M1009 that I have a bit more comfortable then a stock M1009. Not much more just a bit. Look later this evening. I will try and get there today after I put a set of rear brakes on an M1009 a customer dropped off today.
Thanks. will be interested is seeing what yours looks like inside your M1009.

Last edited:

armytruck63

I bought an aftermarket center console at Pep Boys when I had my M1009. It attached to the carpet I had installed with Velcro. It was even the same burgundy color as the seats and dash.

cucvrus

Here ya go:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=1984+blazer+center+console&t=ffnt&iax=1&ia=images

That was tough. 4 words in a search engine, click on the "Images" link, and there we are.
Hey no problem indyharleyguy. I thought you and I were just having a little friendly chat. I did not know you would grate someone on here. Well I am just the guy to show you a console inside an M1009 installed. That is what you ask for and it is not against the rules to ask or show you. I didn't know we had to google everything. we might as well shut down the posting and just google everything. Why converse? Just Google, read TM'S and Wiki stickis. Reminds me of the you tube video. Anyway I put the brakes on the rear on the M1009 and the lady was happy and left. Here we go with some pictures. They are not Google images they are real and no CUCV has harmed during the photo shoot.DSCF6074.jpgA few on my toys not all. DSCF6075.jpgDSCF6076.jpgDSCF6077.jpgthe console as promised. Not a GOOgle image but I hope it helps you out. DSCF6078.jpgDSCF6079.jpgDSCF6080.jpgI added the eye bolts on the front and back and tied the seat belt buckets up so they were easily accessible. Bought this from a salvage yard 20 years ago.

cucvrus

DSCF6081.jpgDSCF6082.jpgI can not load any of the other pictures. Go to facebook and I will load them there. I mounted the stereo in the ammo box and use a remote to control it. I am not sure what is going on here that I can only load certain pictures and others it just kicks out. Sorry. I think you get the point. thank you for conversing with me and have a great evening.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mainsail, you are as obvious as an elephant on a tennis court. You just posted that to brag! rofl
Good looking setup! :beer:
Thanks! There is a storage box, albeit a small one, that is part of the rear of the console. It has an arm rest for my elbow. There's also a set of cup holders on the very aft end for the back seat passengers.

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey no problem indyharleyguy. I thought you and I were just having a little friendly chat. I did not know you would grate someone on here. Well I am just the guy to show you a console inside an M1009 installed. That is what you ask for and it is not against the rules to ask or show you. I didn't know we had to google everything. we might as well shut down the posting and just google everything. Why converse? Just Google, read TM'S and Wiki stickis. Reminds me of the you tube video. Anyway I put the brakes on the rear on the M1009 and the lady was happy and left. Here we go with some pictures. They are not Google images they are real and no CUCV has harmed during the photo shoot.View attachment 602113A few on my toys not all. View attachment 602114View attachment 602115View attachment 602116the console as promised. Not a GOOgle image but I hope it helps you out. View attachment 602117View attachment 602118View attachment 602119I added the eye bolts on the front and back and tied the seat belt buckets up so they were easily accessible. Bought this from a salvage yard 20 years ago.
Thanks all that replied. I really like the ammo can one but cucvrus yours looks easier to install. Like your seats too. I have to fix the right front brace on my passenger seat. It's not attached to the frame right and you get a really big lean backwards in it.

cucvrus

A small piece of wood makes a nice bracket if don't get the bracket. nice thing is the floors of the M109 have the minute divot in them for where the lag screws go. But a small piece of wood will do the same thing. No sweat. Good luck in your search. They are getting hard to find. Suburbans are a bit different in the bracket only.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks