• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

constantly leaking air after brakes are released

tankerman351

i have a 72 m35a2 i went to drive it today and stepped on the brake after the truck had been running for about 5 minuted it had around 60psi in the tank. when i released the brake i herd a lot of air i found it to be coming from the vent tube under the hood behind the engine and a tube that looks like it should have been connected to the top of the master under the inspection plate on the drivers side floor i don't know what the issue might be i have only had the truck for two months and never had any issues like this until now.

rustystud

i have a 72 m35a2 i went to drive it today and stepped on the brake after the truck had been running for about 5 minuted it had around 60psi in the tank. when i released the brake i herd a lot of air i found it to be coming from the vent tube under the hood behind the engine and a tube that looks like it should have been connected to the top of the master under the inspection plate on the drivers side floor i don't know what the issue might be i have only had the truck for two months and never had any issues like this until now.
Time to check your air-pac .

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
what do i need to do to check it?
What he means is that it is likely your airpack has a failed or failing internal seal and is bleeding air pressure.

Although it's difficult to diagnose from here, you'll likely be breaking it down and rebuilding it or buying a new one.

There are many good threads on the forum detailing the diagnosis of the brake system, airpacks and how to rebuild them.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?82753-MY-Airpack-Rebuild-with-Photos! is just one of them.

Katahdin

Don't reconnect that orphaned line to the master cylinder tho. Your master cylinder cap should be vented to the atmosphere. The line is disconnected to prevent fuel vapors, which share that line, from degrading your brake fluid. You would only want to use that line if you are fording water deeper than your MC.