• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Contact Maint Air Comp Motor Capacitor

markinnh

Hello,

The smoke seems to have escaped from the motor starting capacitor on my air compresssor motor. Its a baldor 1.5 HP 125VAC...(or 230VAC). I cannot read the MFD's (or anything else for that matter) on the outside of the cap. Can some one who has one take the cover off and see if they can read the MFD's from the capacitor on thier truck? I used the 80MFD per KW rule and got a cap from Mcmaster-Carr but it is too small...any help would be great. Ihave the manuals and have looked, but do not find a spec for the motor cap.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

SmokeyDod

Are you talking about the air comp. that is in the back of the M1031 Cont Maint. truck that has the 12kw generator, if it's the orig, they were 208V 3-ph. I don't know what is in the other version that has Hobart welder etc.

dependable

If you have the numbers on the capacitor, whatever it is for, you can probably get a replacement from Grainger.com industrial supply, or some other outfit that sells commercial electronics. Gernerally, a puff smoke is a good indicator that the part is fried.

transman

Niether of my 1028s have an external capaciter mounted on them.I'm not anelectrical expert but mine appear to have start windings and flyweight/contacts inside . too dark now to get a good reading off the data plate but if need be Ican get the specs in the am. let me know.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
??? The only contact maintenance compressor that is single phase is the SECM slide in for the HMMWV. The compressor is a Hydravane and the motor is frame 145TC. Any Baldor dealer should be able to get the cap MFD from the motor model no. Mine was missing the capacitor and local motor shop got me fixed up.

markinnh

Thanks for all your replies.

This is a G204 model welder generator and does not put out any three phase power and this unit is wired for 125VAC....i need the starting capacitor under the cover. Baldors records for BOM's only go back 15 years and this one is a Kellogg-American made in 1978...I cannot read the values (they are not there) off the old one, and there is no way to measure it as it is open. Thanks for all your efforts.

Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks