• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Contact maint. truck Q's

Rattlewagon

Im looking at a M1031 but had some questions that the searches don't quite answer.

What are the cont. maint. bodies made of? Is it mostly AL?
Did all the M1031's have limited slip front axles?
Are the Wisconsin powered generators double pole? (meaning, are they 115V only or can they be rewired for 230V?)

This truck is kind of rough and the owner is admittedly at a loss for info so I'm not quite sure what I may be getting into...

thanks everyone,
dan

m38inmaine

Aluminum body, M1031 cab/chasis should have the front locker. Not sure on the later as mine has the pto generator. Not all of the older maint bodies are on M1031 cab/chasis, check to make sure.

DrJekl

The circuit breaker box on mine had 110 and 220 outlets on it. Look at the data sticker on your generator for specs.

An original 1031 with HD in the VIN would have a limited slip front dif. Verify what you are getting before you buy. Some 1031s sold out of FT Campbell last year had 10 bolt fronts.

The aluminum box has some steel in it (door handles, locking mechanisms, centers of the rivets). It weighs about 1000#. I got $500 in scrap for mine.

jimmy-90

DrJekl Isn't kidding about the contact body weighing about 1000 LBS. When I started taking mine off I quickly realized that I had really under estimated the weight of that thing. I didn't think it could of weighed more that 500 LBS. Im guessing thats why the contact body trucks have 10 leaf spring packs in the rear.