• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Contents for Tea party: Deuce Acquisition value!

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know how to tell if the acquisition value was for the original truck built in 1968 or if its a rebuilt price? Any other info to glean from the data?

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]FSC: [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]NSN:1[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Units: [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Cond:2[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Acq Value:3[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Description:1[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]1.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]2320[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]http://web.govliquidation.com/auction/haystack?nsn=2320009260875&eventId=4090&lotNumber=5309
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-3]EA[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]H7[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]$82,645.00[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]TRUCK,CARGO [SIZE=-2]
DTID:W74LSH82620001A
Manf: U S ARMY TANK AUTOMOTIVE COMMAND AMSTA-IM-MM U.S
Part#: 8736735[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

Please don't mention the price Sam paid for my truck to Fox News. I'll end up with protesters in my yard.

Rick

Last edited:

Sumoman

Please don't mention the price Sam paid for my truck to Fox News. I'll end up with protesters in my yard.

Rick
No worries there.. they are protesting rich people getting taxed..:roll:

Anyway am I correct to assume that the original price was around 40K.. back in the 60's? If so, and adjusted for inflation, how mush would this truck be today new?

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It basically states that if the US government paid 45K for this truck in 1966 that would adjust to around 295K today. Not bad considering I paid 1142 for it
Holy Matrimony, Batman!

That puts things in perspective! We are driving $300k trucks. Man, I'm puttin mine on Ebay right now.....

Rick

Sumoman

New M35a2'S IN 1967 WERE $56,000
I just adjusted 45K for inflation, which was around 295K.. It does make sense when you say make me a truck that will last 40-50 years and can burn anything I put into it and can withstand war. Hell look at the prices the new trucks cost now!

When I was stationed at Fort Lewis in 1967 waiting for orders to go to Alaska I worked at the Logistics Center and filed bills of lading for all different kinds of equipment. It showed the cost to the government. I do remember the duece being $56,000. The M151 Jeep was $5600. When I got to my unit in Alaska I ordered parts for DeHavalland "Otters" U21-A Beechcraft and M35A2's,M151's and M37's I can only imagine the price of the new ones now!! Maybe we do not want to know

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M36A2 (73 contract) came with a $58K price tag,
They way the gov't works, I would think these acquisition cost #'s are the last price paid for that model & not necessarily what that particular truck costed.