• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Contrary to my wife's opinion.....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fresh 1100 NDTs on the steers. I've given up my hopes of the XLs and 831s and now will focus on NDTs.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice work! I am just finishing up a Deuce project and I am fighting the 5 ton urge badly, seeing pics like thisdoes not help You truck is coming along VERY nicely great work!
Karl

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice work! I am just finishing up a Deuce project and I am fighting the 5 ton urge badly, seeing pics like thisdoes not help You truck is coming along VERY nicely great work!
Karl
Use my method. Get a 5 ton brake drum, keep drum in yard. When urge to purchase 5 ton arises, move aforementioned drum across yard. Works for me every time.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Use my method. Get a 5 ton brake drum, keep drum in yard. When urge to purchase 5 ton arises, move aforementioned drum across yard. Works for me every time.
Everytime I start missing the M816 I take one of the mounted 1100x20 five ton tires and roll it around the yard once (twice if I'm really jonesing). That will kill the urge faster than a nekkid picture of Nancy Pelozi.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looks like you will have a highly effective way to distribute cookies at the rally.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Everytime I start missing the M816 I take one of the mounted 1100x20 five ton tires and roll it around the yard once (twice if I'm really jonesing). That will kill the urge faster than a nekkid picture of Nancy Pelozi.

Dang Brother WM!!! You couldda talked all day and never said that last sentence!!!:evil: I'm starting to think I look darn good in my tutu....heck...even without it...in comparison:jumpin:

But....I'll stick with the 5tons...as long as I have some strong backs to roll the tires and drums around.:grd:

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanx Guys. Gonna touch up the inner fender wells today. Used a new paint that a distributor gave me to try out. The "Army Forest Green" is a tad darker than the 383 and a shade lighter than the Rapco 34052 Marine Forest Green. The flat black is a perfect match and seems to hold up well to scuffing.

Kenny, I've got plenty of those 1100's up here, and some 1400-20 XL's already mounted up. Come on over. :driver:

As for all you puny old folks (trust me, I feel your pain), there IS a solution to moving those tires around........

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I probably will get some of those tires from you Pete. Your area of operation looks like DRMO or a CAN yard.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will post the exact info on the paint later today. If I remember correctly it is produced by Mobile Paint Company.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks