• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

control box

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you talking about the large box with two connections comming out of the bottom of the box?. Do you have the 25 amp generator?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was an article on the box in MV Mag several years ago. Told how to go through it. I have no knowledge of its function other than that.

thanks Kenny. having very strange occurances going on and i think the trouble is in that black box. it's a intermittant low voltage issue that corrects itself when the throttle position is varied ever so slightly. ODD ! VERY ODD. cant find that issue of MV mag.

Tom @ Snake River

Control boxes

I have replaced both control boxes on my the 2 of my M-812 trucks. Memphis Equipment has them from Southern Electrical for $320.00 each. Main condition was that the internal sylimolds were not hitting in and staying very well. Resulting in you continuely flipping the switch to engage the sylinoids and then when you hit the starter, they would kick out or resulting in lower voltage to the starter.
I am experienceing lighting problems on one truck. I was hopeing that replaceing the control would solve the problem, but no such luck. Starter engagement and a stronger voltage are a lot better with a new box.
As stated, you can break into them and rebuilt the box, but it looks like a lot of work. BOYCE Equipment says they know how to wire around the box. Tom @ Snake River

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks