• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Conversion to power steering

klawrence

I am knee deep into converting my duece to power steering. I have recieved my pump already and my geer is on its way.

I purchased a smaller steerign which I thought was a 5 ton from ebay.

eBay Motors: Vintage Military 5 Ton 6x6 Truck Steering Wheel - NOS (item 390032884127 end time Mar-23-09 13:38:50 PDT)

After taking the stock steering wheel off, I found out the ebay steerign wheel had different splines.

So anyone know where I can get the proper steering wheel and what steering wheel did I just purchase from ebay???

DUECE-COUPE

me too. you probably got a hummer steering wheel. the 5 ton steering wheel is 18 in' in diameter. the original wheel was 20 in in diameter.

DUECE-COUPE

did you try it in all the positions. i got my wheel and had to try it in several postions before it would go on the shaft. i looked at it and it appears to be a 5 ton wheel. it finally went on when the wheels were straight and the wheel spoke was pointing straight up.