• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Convert hard top to soft top

Zack

Hey guys... I was wanting to know if a hard top deuce can be converted to soft top??? Has anyone done it .. If so how hard... Info would be awesome.... Thanks

KsM715

All you need is the soft top and the assorted hardware that goes with it.

Edit: if you buy a soft top it usually does not come with the hardware. You'll need to find that from a parts truck or one of the many surplus dealers

Last edited:

saddamsnightmare

February 10th, 2011.

ZACK:

Saddamsnightmare, in my icon annexed was purchased from BullDogMack13 as a hard top M35A2. I converted it to a soft top and retained the original cold weather cab which will be part of the truck's equipment when and if it is sold. All you have to do is hunt up the roof bows and door headers, which can be obtained used, and a new or used GMA cab paulin, and you are good to go.... OH, I forgot, also rent a gorilla, as taking the steel cab off the deuce requires one owner and one gorilla, even if you separate the cab roof from the back wall, the roof's are fairly heavy....!:shock: On the plus side, from my viewppoint, the GMA soft cabs are cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter, and makes a great convertible when you take it and the bows off the truck (15 minutes or so)!:beer: NB: The soft top hardware doesn't even use bolts, the oly thing you'll need is a screwdriver to install the snaps on the side of the windshield posts. The steel cab, bolts, lotsa bolts!!!

Zack

Thanks for the info Guys.... I just won a truck on gl today.... At least at the end of the auction it said i was high bidder... So if everything goes well i will get my invoice tomorrow and get the ball rolling on my euc and other paperwork..... When i get the truck home it will be time to convert to soft top first thing...

goldneagle

I would be glad to trade plus cash for a hard top. I have a near new soft top and all the parts needed to make your truck a soft top version. My soft top is tan. Just installed bout a month ago.

A

A/C Cages

I have a hard top and a soft top which I just switched around. I put the soft top on the truck that doesnt have a overhead rack on it so I could have at least one convertble.

Lex_Ordo

Is there even a source to obtain the soft top hardware? Without taking off a parts truck. I'm talking New, Old Stock surplus, or New production.

The two door pieces,
the two poles that connect along the back, and
the three cab bows.

I know Saturn Surplus has the cab bows, but I have not been able to locate any new door/side frames and poles.

Last edited:

Zack

Thanks for the info... I will make some contacts when i have the truck in my Possession... EUC has to clear... Was sent to battle creek Yesterday.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I m interestd in your hard top. I am close to you. Where is the truck you won?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks