• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Converting 2 door to 4 door

Al Capone

Hi . Someone is wanting to trade a 2 door setup humvee for my gamma goat. I would really want the 4 door setup. Does anyone know where to find best prices on conversion parts ? I'm sure the hard doors and top is extremly expensive so guess would have to go to soft setup. Any ideas
? It's an1992 humvee he says and has been upgraded to 6.5. Does this mean transmission been upgraded also ?

Sintorion

I just finished installing a complete 4 man soft top on mine. You will need a kit that you can find on ebay or other sources like this http://www.bretonindustries.com/product/hmmwv-humvee-4-man-cover-kit-57k3301-57k0123-57k0155-breton/. I have seen them as cheap as $2k. It will include the top, the two bows, the rails, c- pillar, doors, and 90% of the hardware. You may have to buy a few nuts and bolts if they have been removed from yours because you reuse some. To go 4 man you will need seats and seat belts for the rear if you don't have them. Probably another $400 or so for those. One thing you will want to check if it doesn't have the soft top now is the condition of the channel on the windshield frame. If is bent up, you can almost forget about installing a top because you have to pull the front of the top all the way through it. It took me about two hours to pull mine through because mine wasn't in the greatest shape. Over all the top install took me probably 10 hours. I could probably do it in 2 now because the instructions are so poorly written.

Ddk2001

If is bent up, you can almost forget about installing a top because you have to pull the front of the top all the way through it. It took me about two hours to pull mine through because mine wasn't in the greatest shape.
When I switched out my top - i put some dish soap (Dawn) on the front of the soft top and it slid through that channel in just a few seconds.

MaverickH1

No, a 6.5 does not mean the transmission has been upgraded.

The easiest way to see if the transmission has been upgraded is to look to see if it has a "P" for Park on the shifter. The 3 speed transmissions only have R-N-D-2-1 where the 4-speeds have P-R-N-Overdrive-D-2-1

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks