• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Converting 416v output to 480v output

Scoobyshep

If youre trying to hit 480 line to line then the lone to ground should be 277. So 265/460 is fairly close

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Scoobyshep

On top of that, most 480 loads will run on 460, they just draw a bit more current.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I remember a few years ago, line power was labeled 110v, 220v and 440v. I dont know when or what standard changed it to 120, 240 and 480

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I have equipment labeled for 440v. It is all converted for 208v but I have asked that same question. Where do you get 440 from? We have a 480v feed...

Scoobyshep

Yes I have equipment labeled for 440v. It is all converted for 208v but I have asked that same question. Where do you get 440 from? We have a 480v feed...
Its just a rating, Alot of motors are rated at 440 or 460 to account for service fluctuations. One plant I worked at ran at 500v during the day and 450 at night, this was because they were at the end of the feeder loop and when people were getting home the draw would be higher.

tobyS

I had a weld shop about a block from the power plant and the strength (as well as deliverable short circuit rms) was way up there. I put in a rare 240 delta 3 phase with a 240 single pulled from 2 poles. Man that was nice to have the 3 and single in one service. Now it's all Y 120/208 or 277/480 and transformed.

Question to OP.....how long do you need to operate, hours, days, weeks and is a lot of fuel consumption a problem....how much can you store?

Last edited:

Scoobyshep

I had a weld shop about a block from the power plant and the strength (as well as deliverable short circuit rms) was way up there. I put in a rare 240 delta 3 phase with a 240 single pulled from 2 poles. Man that was nice to have the 3 and single in one service. Now it's all Y 120/208 or 277/480 and transformed.

Question to OP.....how long do you need to operate, hours, days, weeks and is a lot of fuel consumption a problem....how much can you store?
You can still get a delta service. The more common reason buildings end up with a delta is utility being cheap, open delta can me made with 2 legs of primary, where wye needs all 3 legs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks