• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Converting a NA Engine to C Turbo Set-up -- Need some advice

lelandEOD

Gents,
I scored a complete C turbo setup from an A2 and plan to install it on my '67 M109. Basically I've been given the green light to pull all the turbo associated stuff from a turbo parts truck and want to make sure I get everything I'll need to retrofit. I believe the exhaust manifold is the same on the NA engine as it is on the Turbo so I don't need to grab it, right? I got the turbo assembly, the slobber tube, complete exhaust and brackets, intake piping to the air cleaner, intake outlet housing, long dipstick, turbo oil pipe, and the oil pressure relief valve (someone told me they might be set different on a Turbo). I also got the 90° elbow for the oil supply tube to the engine block as well as the large 1" brass fitting for the lower turbo tube to the block.

The parts truck I'm scavenging also has that cold start assist assembly on it. The one that ignites diesel and sends it into the cylinders. I don't know if this is worth keeping or attempting to install on my truck so I'd like to hear some feedback.

I'm trying to source all the gaskets I'll need to get the parts installed and just wanted to make sure I'm not leaving anything out. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My parts buddy has NOS turbo add kits; all the hardware, parts/pieces (except turbo) to do that job, even comes w/ a new engine data plate. Makes for a clean installation. Let me know.
JC

Rusty nuts

My parts buddy has NOS turbo add kits; all the hardware, parts/pieces (except turbo) to do that job, even comes w/ a new engine data plate. Makes for a clean installation. Let me know.
JC
This is the route I went when converting my N/A to turbo. It was nice because it comes with everything!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "D" turbo whispers it's presence. The "C" turbo screams it's presence from the mountain top. There is a small strip of stores near my house that is very busy. I used to get a thrill out of cruising through there in my M275A2 at about 1100 rpm. The "C" visibly irritated some folks. It was a shrill sound. The diesel folks appreciated the music.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks