• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Converting air to hydro

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Air power only. It is an assist to the effort you introduce through the steering wheel. No hydro at all.

3dAngus

On the same page now, and fully subscribed. Thanks, and good luck. Sounds like a really interesting project.

TexMc

I mean catastrophic loss of say air line[I. I mean obviously if you lose all air pressure you lose brake boost but is the system a separate circuit NDENT][/INDENT]

mudguppy

if i understand the system correctly, not catastrophically and you will only lose air (from the wet tank) when attempting to turn in the failed direction of the cylinder.

A

A/C Cages

Just add another set of tanks and put a one way splitter onto the pump. Air fills each tank but wont bleed out in case of a Oring going bad. This way you can keep your brakes on their own original tanks.

Thats what I will be doing with that air assist that you were talking about Gimpy, That is if John ever wakes up, lol:beer:

AceHigh

Couple of very minor points. The A2 and A3 air assist are almost identical. Only difference I can see is the A3 exhausts into the air filter housing and I miss hearing that lovely hiss during turns.

Second, both have a valve that seals the system off if air is lost so your brakes are not affected.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you're not happy with it try looking for similar hydro setups on old combines or tractors
The only systems I've seen on tractors and combines are hydrostatic steering. These systems are not designed for high speed and you will loose control at highway speeds. Unless you're only going to use the vehicle off-road, I wouldn't use one of these.

You can get hydrostatic systems that will work at highway speeds but they are alot different than what is found on tractors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks