• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

converting brakes on trailer

amaverick88

hello all,

i have recently purchased my first military vehicle which really isnt a vehicle but a trailer instead. It is an m536 trailer. my plan for it is to use it to haul cars around and to get my last remaining few cars to ga from ny. since there are no air hookups on this trailer and it is going to be pulled mainly behind a civilian truck since i do not have a deuce (which i am working on to get one hopefully in the next few months) i am planning to swap out the air over hydraulic system to a surge brake system. i have the actuator already and now just have to fabricate a place to put the actuator on the tongue of the trailer.

Attachments

amaverick88

i havent thought of that but that is a good idea. it is just i have already bought the surge brake actuator. plus this trailer will be towed by multiple vehicles includeing a future duece. doesnt that actuator need a relay type system on the tow vehicle?

amaverick88

i would appreciate that and if you do go down that route dont forget to post pictures so we all can see your progress and fab skills.