• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Convincing wife that I need a Deuce

jluv1185

Tell her you always wanted one since you were a small boy thats its been a life long dream....or if that doesn't work you can always go the zombie doomsday route...:cookoo:

RANDYDIRT

My Lady thinks that my love of my attachments (her included) keeps us on the same page. She (the one that rules) didn't like my expeditions into the Deuce world, but has since recanted. I think she actually understands that if she bitches too much that I'll pawn her off on someone that hasn't a clue about the 2nd amendment and thinks Sarah Palin and Sarah Lee are the same person.

Dirt

CajunM35A2

I am naming mine after my wife

She was called 'Lil' Red" years ago by her friends...

I plan to paint the name 'Lil' Red" on my M35A2 on the nose just above the radiator.

Lil' Red

CycleJay

Hello,

I agree with Wreckerman, that is the way to go.

You have to man up, and stand your ground, are you head of house or is she?

Besides, with the way things are going in this country, in case poop hits the fan here, and you need to get your family and emergency supplies out of the house and to safety, that deuce may be the only vehicle that can handle the job.

As Wreckerman mentioned, they could be a life saver after a natural disaster.
Or Lord phorbid, terrorist (I am not afraid to say "terrorist" attack, civil unrest,
home invasion, etc..)

I just recently got my M1009, because I wanted one, and my gf was respectful enough to my being head of house, to not try to stop me.
She did admit she was a bit concerned in the beginning, but now that I have had it a couple of weeks, she now says she is getting used to it, and also said she is thinking of trading her car in for one too.

Anyway, good luck, and if you want it, Man up, stand your ground and go get it. It would not hurt you to have one on hand, just in case.

As Wreckerman said,
It is better to have it, and not need it, then need it, and not have it.

Have a good day,

Jay

Tell her it is better to have a deuce and not need it than to need a deuce and not have it.

It is amazing how many things you can do with one once you own it......they can be a life saver in bad weather and after a natural disaster.

If you live in a rural area it is an easier sell since there are not issues with neighbors and codes.

You can often buy one for less than a beater 4x4 pickup and they are easy to find parts and maintain...they also run on just about anything that will burn to include the french fry oil you have been throwing away and waste oil from other vehicles.

A buddy of mine quit smoking and bought a deuce with the money he saved.....good incentive to quit a bad habit.

Just a few ideas.

CycleJay

Good luck! I'm still trying to convince myself I need one and I've had it for almost two years.:-D

Hello Kenny,

The deuce you do have, does it have manual or auto transmission?
Also, what is the "M" model number for that particular one?

I just got an M1009 Chevy CUCV.

Good night,

Jay

Preacherboy

Don't buy it and then tell her later, or just have it show up in your driveway--a deuce is way too big, she'll notice it right off the bat!

You can only do that with guns (if you already have a bunch she won't notice one more) unless your buddy walks into the room and says, "you husband just bought a nice, new gun." That happened to me, so hide your gun purchases from your buddies as well! There is still one out in the garage that will not be coming into the house for a long time!

I explained to my wife the joys of having a hobby, the benefits of a deuce in case of an emergency (we also watched the film 2010 and I told her a limo cannot do what a deuce can do.) She finally gave the ok because I asked, "I'm serious I really want one, can I get one." She said on one condition, I have to put a "hello kitty" sticker in the window!

ICAT

I'm looking at an m49 that for sale. it's not a deuce but it can be with alittle modifcation. I really think i can swing it. I still have my teaching job and i planned to park it at my high school and have my students work on it. ( With constant supervision)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For me it's convincing the wife to stay after the truck is home. She didn't find the yellow M59 very attractive or amusing.
She is here and the truck is gone but...............I did replace the truck with the M1008. Either way I was able to up my motorpool by one. I have enough trailers that if one or two more show up, she can't tell.

Last edited:

TIGERFANS2

You don't NEED a deuce..... you WANT a deuce and that's good 'nuff :smile:

Just remember there are consequences... "why can't WE have one of those machine gun ring things?" she says..... "why can't WE have one of those kind of jeeps?" she says.....

vtdeucedriver

Don't buy it and then tell her later, or just have it show up in your driveway--a deuce is way too big, she'll notice it right off the bat!

You can only do that with guns (if you already have a bunch she won't notice one more) unless your buddy walks into the room and says, "you husband just bought a nice, new gun." That happened to me, so hide your gun purchases from your buddies as well! There is still one out in the garage that will not be coming into the house for a long time!

I explained to my wife the joys of having a hobby, the benefits of a deuce in case of an emergency (we also watched the film 2010 and I told her a limo cannot do what a deuce can do.) She finally gave the ok because I asked, "I'm serious I really want one, can I get one." She said on one condition, I have to put a "hello kitty" sticker in the window!
:beer: Done this with a couple of guns! It also works for the little stuff that goes with the 10 wheel flowerpot in the yard such as parts or canvas or the military gear and tents and stuff. If you want a good trick, bring home a 5 ton first, anything small after that is EASY!!! Then it become a size that "She" might want to drive.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have enough trailers that if one or two more show up, she can't tell.
I just figured out what you need to do.

Slowly keep acquiring trailers. Then (using the trusty M108) start stacking them up in a U-shape. Once they have been stacked up into a U-shape, you can hide trucks inside them.

Additionally, you could spread a tarp across the top and have a garage to work on your stuff. ;)

Kenny714

Hello Kenny,

The deuce you do have, does it have manual or auto transmission?
Also, what is the "M" model number for that particular one?

I just got an M1009 Chevy CUCV.

Good night,

Jay
Mine is a 68 M35A2 with manual trans. Typical deuce...nothing special.....YET!!;)

http://http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/721221/fullsize/pics-019.jpg

Mainly bought it to pull myself and my friends out.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVAZcq693-o[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvp6Y7WliHE&feature=related[/media]

Oh...and to teach my 11 yr old daughter to drive.....:-D

2005 Ford Excursion 2 1/2 Ton video | SuperMotors.net

WOW! I guess I do NEED a deuce!!!!!!!!!!!