• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Convoy from northeast to aberdeen

scooter01922

First off , YES i do realize there is the east coast convoy....:) But the red serial starts in NJ and i'm all the way up in MA. I have been tossing the idea around of a convoy starting in NH/ MA and heading southbound to the meeting place of the red serial and then on to aberdeen. Several members from the MA/ NH region have already signed on for the ride and it looks like its going to be quite the drive. Base plan is to head south sometime wednesday night and wind up at the vince lombardi memorial reststop in the early AM, catch a few ZZZ's and wait for the ECC as thier meeting time is 0600. I want to leave some extra time because A: **** happens and takes up time and B: i honestly don't feel like driving 12 hours straight in a deuce again at night. I don't really reccomend it, frequent breaks are your friend. This will break it in half as NJ should be about the halfway point. Return run will commence first thing on sunday morning after the rally to take advantage of the daylight rather than leave sat night and have to drive most of the night to reach our destinations. THIS is the official place to toss you idea in the ring and be heard. Let me know what ya think and if you want to join up. All are welcome to tag along, i already have several requests for people to ride shotgun in any deuce heading south. This might be the best place to match riders up with thier rides as well. Currently its all just pilling up in my inbox and if we discuss it all here then everyone can see whats going on better. If anyone needs stuff hauled either to or from aberdeen post it up here too and i'm sure we can find a way to get it there.
Thanks

GO ABERDEEN 09
:)

dm22630

wow that is a long way.....

I am dreading the 130 miles to richmond next week to get more 813s! haha

The 180 mile (one way) last week picking up 813s just about killed me....I am still sore!

rideni

I plan to roll out of my comfy bed and leisurely drive over each morning and it will be a grueling trip of about 2 miles one way, up hill both ways.

scooter01922

Yeah it is a little way. 450 miles or so each way. Last year the run home took from 5 PM to 5 AM, but i'm sure i can streamiline it a bit this year.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ONLY 450 miles? 578 miles for me last year...

Cutting it down to 539 this year.

It was worse for Clinto the year before...

Glad to see you Northeastern guys coming down to the rally.

art

Glad to have you aboard!
We will see you at vince lombardi Thursday am.:driver:
It's a great trip and a great bunch of guys!

Art

scooter01922

We will be there art, and all will be registered online for the ECC, this is more regarding the 200 or so miles prior to meeting up with you guys. :) No radio here unfortunately, but we should ahve plenty of convoy lights along.

scooter01922

Ok guys, anyone reading this and pondering joining up please chime in now. Looking for feedback from those making the run or thinking about it. IF i can get this all set in stone fairly quickly i'll pass the info along to the ECC and make it official, after that the times are what they are, so speak up please :) Don't want to go changing things once its on the ECC website and people start planning.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks