• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Convoy reflector question

blacktop_one

I see in the Military Convoy Operations in CONUS TM that there are "L" shaped reflectors "12 inches long and 2 inches wide at the lower corners of the vehicle's body" for added warning to the rear during convoy moves. No mention of the color, though. Anybody know what color they are supposed to be? Civilian commercial vehicles use white "L" markings, but I didn't want to assume. This is not to be confused with the mudflap mounted yellow and red reflective plates used in Europe.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All i've seen are red. Walmart has rolls of reflective red tape (automotive section) for about $2.

KyCUCVs

When the requirement to add the CONUS Convoy markers came out, an article appeared in PM magazine listing the National Stock Number for red reflective tape and for rolls of magnetic tape. It is similar to what refrigerator magnets are made from. You put the red tape on the magnetic tape. This allowed you to remove the convoy markers when the convoy was over and you went tactical. Easier than putting mud or green duct tape over the markers.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some delineation plates. If you are interested, PM me. They are 16 x 16 and brand new.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks