• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Convoy to SteelSoliders Georgia Event in October

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well due to some last minute deployment changes, it's looking like I will make it too. Will take 101 south to 20 but can't decide whether to go thursday afternoon or early friday? The benefit to thursday would be a side trip to SECO in Augusta on friday. Thinking we will have a duece and M1009 and a bunch of parts. :wink:

rsh253

Brandon,

(and the rest of the folks I was going to meet coming from North & South Carolina);

I'm not going to be able to make the rally afterall. :cry: We recenty relocted from Washington State to SC, and moving into our new house is taking a lot longer than I thought. We had 250 boxes to unpack! There's probably still 50 left to go (and most are still in MY garage). My '42 MB has been parked outside for the last 6 mos. and it is really starting to show. So my next unpacking goal is to get it so I can park the jeep in the garage. :)

I'm really disappointed that I won't make. It would have been my 1st SS rally. I'll planning on making it next year.

Have fun.

Brandon, PM sent.

-Russ

Capt.Marion

rsh253 said:
Brandon,

(and the rest of the folks I was going to meet coming from North & South Carolina);

I'm not going to be able to make the rally afterall. :cry: We recenty relocted from Washington State to SC, and moving into our new house is taking a lot longer than I thought. We had 250 boxes to unpack! There's probably still 50 left to go (and most are still in MY garage). My '42 MB has been parked outside for the last 6 mos. and it is really starting to show. So my next unpacking goal is to get it so I can park the jeep in the garage. :)

I'm really disappointed that I won't make. It would have been my 1st SS rally. I'll planning on making it next year.

Have fun.

Brandon, PM sent.

-Russ
You always have to miss a couple. Don't worry about, there's always next year! (I've said that many many times to myself, and I haven't had anything as big as moving into a new house to deal with...)

Wreckerman893, If you depart Temple at roughly10:00 EST, that should put you at I-20 and 285 roughly 11:00. I iwill shoot for hitting I-20 at 285 at roughly 10:45. I will set speed at 40 MPH and assume that ya'll will overtake me. Cruse speed for Squirt is 47 MPH and I will have a trailer with other trucks. Looking forward to the convoy and the trail ride.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
poles jump right in front of him
That pole jumped out behind me.

Tell the truth. :driver:

Squirt truck....if you will PM me a phone number I'll give you a call when we get ready to leave Temple.

In fact...it might be a good idea to have a phone roster of people headed for the rally.
Maybe someone with more puter knowledge than me can fix it where we can post numbers without adding a post to the thread.
Could also include route to be traveled and approximate travel time.

citizensoldier

Anybody going that could pick up a off road trailer at USMCFranks house in NC ? CCatt will haul it back for me if I can get it to the rally.. It would need to be hauled on a trailer he said its a wiggle worm over 20mp.. sucks..

Offroadfabworks, I will keep a sharp eye in the mirror...at 34,000# getting run over by WM would not be a pretty site.........I might get hostile about him scratching up the rear of my trailer.

Recovry,
Current plan is to drive the M-54 (Squirt) and pull the TK12 with the M-37 (Lil-Squirt) and the M-274 (Baby Squirt). Not knowing what the site has to offer, and having two days to play, makes decisions tough on what toy to use.
How bout yourself? I hope we have a real good showing and lots of different toys to intimidate the ATV/jeep people there. (Our real jeep people not included, they have the big green brothers to stand behind them.....)

FreightTrain

Banned
ok,Anyone gonna meet up in Anniston on I20 friday morning?Rod has had something come up.I get off work at 0500Central time and get be on I20 about 15 minutes later.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may not be making it on Friday for the west bound convoy on I-20 in South Carolina. We have a vendor here at work trying to get a system installed. It's got to go in this week, and since my job pays the bills, including what I get to spend on OD Iron, it has priority. I hope to ride down on Saturday, but it might be late before I get there. Probably will not pull the MKT down for just a few hours, may not even come in a MV, but that will depend on when I can leave on Saturday. I'll know more on Friday morning.

AMGeneral

Ok,just a quick head count for the convoy on Fri,Rebelpride is feeling under the weather so he PMed me earlier to say he wasn't gonnna make it.So I'm gonna still overnight in Rock Hill and leave out about 7 AM vs 0730 which should put me at exit 34 at around 8AM.

I am meeting Adam(Ferro) Joe Trapp there and then on to exit 55 on I-20 to meet Jwaller at about 8:45 AM,then on to the rally.

jwaller

I'm out. our babysitter has quit and 3 customers of mine want to come pick up their trucks and parts. I doubt I can make it at all now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks