• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cool side of the charge air cooler pipes. Why is there not any insinuation on them?

spankybear

Looking thought some of the pictures of that auction site I see some of the trucks have insulation on the pipes. I also see there is a call out in the parts manual. Was there some type of revision to remove the insulation?

Would it harm anything to warp the pipes with some exhaust pipe insulation?

Ronmar

Don’t think it would hurt, but I also don’t think it would make much difference either. these engines displace 3.3-3.6 liters per revolution. At the flow thru those pipes they don’t have a lot of time to absorb nor shed much heat. I don’t think it would make much difference either way...

JohnJohnson

I work for one of the big trucking fleets and years ago they were reeled in by some vendor selling kits of thermal wrap for all the cac pipes claiming better fuel mileage and more power, they put the kits on a couple dozen trucks and after a few years running them came to the conclusion it made no difference whatsoever. I wouldnt worry about wrapping them unless they were within a inch or so or the exhaust manifold or turbo
Ian

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks