• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cool trailer and M35 parts truck recovery

70deuce

Lugnut markings

Here is a close up of the markings many Colorado units used. We saw lots of trucks marked like this. Easy to see if a lugnut has loosened. The Dec 03 on the hub was the bearing service date. My tractor had relatively recent maintenance done. I repainted the wheels and put the markings back just as they were. Used a paint pen.

Phil

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You do realize that the truck and trailer came from the same unit, and could very well of been "mates".... Whats the bumper # on the trailer?

70deuce

Matching trailer

For emmado22, yes we did realize that the tractor and trailer may have been a matched set and even better we know where both the tractor and trailer have been based and traveled. My neighbor here in Colorado and fellow club member drove my tractor pulling this trailer and others on many occasions while he was in this unit in the mid 80's. Its a Colorado rig from way back and will receive some real good TLC from a bunch of Coloradians including one who drove it operationally. Pretty cool for my neighbor to be able to play with this rig as a collector and not as a soldier.

Phil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks