• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant crossover pipe and misc wires

Well, got my very first HMMWV today, non runner. Checked all the fluids, everything looks fine except the cooling system, and the battries are missing. Coolant crossover pipe is missing, which I believe houses the thermostats. Can anyone direct me to a place to purchase the correct one? I'll find a diagram in the TM hopefully so I can get it all reconnected.

Of course I'm going to flush all the fluids etc.. just going piece by piece.

Got another question though too. I have these two loose wires in the engine bay, any ideas? The large connector I'm guessing is for the thermostat, hoping the crossover has a connector on it.

Not sure what the two small connectors are for? There have what look like little bulbs on the end almost?

Thanks

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well, got my very first HMMWV today, non runner. Checked all the fluids, everything looks fine except the cooling system, and the battries are missing. Coolant crossover pipe is missing, which I believe houses the thermostats. Can anyone direct me to a place to purchase the correct one? I'll find a diagram in the TM hopefully so I can get it all reconnected.

Of course I'm going to flush all the fluids etc.. just going piece by piece.

Got another question though too. I have these two loose wires in the engine bay, any ideas? The large connector I'm guessing is for the thermostat, hoping the crossover has a connector on it.

Not sure what the two small connectors are for? There have what look like little bulbs on the end almost?

Thanks
Good to see that two of the wires have number tags on them. When you download the TM's (Technical Manuals) there should be a wiring diagram in the back of the book. Those numbers will tell you what they connect to.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first picture is of the TSU connector, the TSU is on the crossover, also as Mullaney said the TM will ID the wires after you read the tag numbers.
Also you need to know what engine you have the 6.5L has a different cross over than the 6.2L.
If you post the tag numbers we can help ID the wires, but long term it is much better for you to download and learn how to use the TMs it will make you much more familiar with your truck.
EDIT most likely the two wires are for the fan control switch which is also on the crossover

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another thing is look about in the middle of the passenger side valve cover and see if it looks like something is missing the CDR valve is likely missing, if so one of the open fittings lead directly into the intake, bad JUJU if something gets in there, for now plug those holes.

The first picture is of the TSU connector, the TSU is on the crossover, also as Mullaney said the TM will ID the wires after you read the tag numbers.
Also you need to know what engine you have the 6.5L has a different cross over than the 6.2L.
If you post the tag numbers we can help ID the wires, but long term it is much better for you to download and learn how to use the TMs it will make you much more familiar with your truck.
Copy. I actually went back out and looked and don't see tags on the wires. Here is a more clear pic. I think those were just clips.

I have the GEP 6.5 turbo.

Got a couple danglers on the window center support also that aren't labeled? Curious about them.

Thank you guys so much for the help.

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "danglers" are just unused wires that have been capped, those aluminum sleeves around the wires are the wire tags, they have numbers/letters on them.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also those "danglers" ARE tagged, again that is what those aluminum "clips" as you call them are, just about every wire on your truck has them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks