• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant Heater oil pan shroud Picture

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need a picture of how the arctic fuel fired coolant heater's exhaust is connected & routed to the shroud around the oil pan. I have put in a NOS heater, but can't find how its exhaust gets over there. Some other insight & direction, would be appreciated. I have some pieces that head in that direction, but that area is "busy" with the springs & axel, etc.DSCN0005.jpgDSCN0006.jpgDSCN0008.jpgDSCN0009.jpg Thanks

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You probably have this pic from the parts TM, but it shows the heater installed vertically, bringing the exhaust out at a higher level, if that makes a difference.
coolant heater.jpg

stb64

Rosco:
The flexible exhaust pipe goes through a hole at the top front of the battery compartment (there should be a knock-out plug), near the firewall, then it runs on the inside of the inner fender slope, where it is held in place with a clamp, and then goes over the frame and into the oil pan shroud. You will have to extend your flexible exhaust pipe.
Once the pipe is inserted into the oil pan shroud, drill through both the shroud and flexible pipe, and insert and bend a 3''cotter pin.

There should be another small knock-out plug at the top front of the battery compartment, and one on the firewall under the air cleaner.These are for the control box wiring harness.
The control box should be mounted under the dash.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks