• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant leak

Well Ida is coming and found this leak after running my first full load on the generator yesterday. It’s a small drip out this rubber cap. Please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m gonna be stuck at work locked in the refinery so my wife will be running the generator. What coolant can I add. I’m in Kenner, Louisian outside New Orleans.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you certain this is coolant? If you have a bad return line, it can send liquid dripping from the strangest points.

Also drips are funny... you need to chase it from the top down. That leak can be monitored if need be to get you through, as it could be the pump was not tightened properly at first assembly, or it could be the gasket behind it. Just stock up on Prestone.

Yes definitely green coolant. It’s oozing out the housing between the gasket. It’s not bad but definitely coming out. This was the first time running the gen with a load and probably getting up to temp for me since I got it last year. I got more coolant and will monitor. I will attempt to tighten when I get back off work.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will need to pull the roof to make your life easier. There are two gaskets in there... one between the pump and a plate, and the other from the plate to the water jacket. Take care with both of them, if you dont have spares on the shelf. The torque specs are in the Engine TM 9-2815-253-24 (PDF Page 34).

If for any reason you need to pull the fan, its a LH thread on the main nut.

Ray70

For that rubber cap, most parts stores sell an assortment kit of thick rubber caps, often in the little red "HELP" packages.
Get the thick ones, not the thin vacuum caps.
I know O'riley's has them, I have bought them for this exact same issue before.
There are 2 of the correct size in the 6 pc. package. the others are 1 size bigger and 1 size smaller.
Think you get 2 ea. 1/2" 5/8" and 3/4" caps. in that particular package.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks