• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant Sensors and Switches: "Thermal Resistor"

RandomThinker

I'm scratching my head and hoping someone can enlighten me. According to the lmtv schematics I only see three sensors for the coolant system. They are shown in zones A-C57 on sheet 7. They are listed P36, P37, and P41. However on my truck I have four sensors, one of which is labeled P12 (or P42) on the physical wiring harness.

Looking up "P12" only shows the right headlight connector which is obviously not correct. Looking up P42 is the ether sensor switch which also doesnt seem correct since it's on a coolant line. This sensor is titled "thermal resistor" and is shown in figure 68 as item #7.20220910_120345.jpg

Does anyone know what it does and where it is on the schematic?

Attachments

Ronmar

4 temp sensors on an A0.
1. As mentioned for the ether system on the 1” crossover pipe that runs across and down to the trans cooler/heatexchanger. the information on this switch is conflicting, mine opens at 35F, so no ether above that temp.

2 For fan control, located on the upper radiator pipe between rad and thermostat housing. It provides power to power fan solenoid and keep the fan disengaged, and opens at 205F to release air at the solenoid and engage the fan.

3. One on the forward/inboard thermostat housing. That is a 230F switch that energizes the dash high temp light above 230.

4. One on the rear of the thermostat housing that drives the engine coolant temp gauge…