• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant Temperature probe and gauge

Russm

Found a few threads on this but still have some questions
This is for a second temperature display on the dash in addition to the "idiot light"I think is the overheat light but not sure.

I have not seen a part # for a probe into the engine block to read the temperature. I took a guess and bought one but not sure yet if I made the right pick.

And the dial that goes into the dash. The optimal temperature is ~185*F during normal operation and ~230*F should be the red overheat zone on the gauge. Read about lots of gauges but the product links that people posted are all broken now.

As for the probe location, i saw a plug on the passenger side of the block just behind the fan. Looks like it opens into the same space as the water pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks