• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant type?

Lex_Ordo

I am replacing my hoses and temp. sending unit this weekend. Obviously, I will need to refill the coolant.
Does anyone know if Dex Cool, can be used? Is there a benefit over Regular coolant?

Will GM's Dex Cool make the motor run poorly or better?

Westech

CPL
I would use coolant for heavy truck/ Diesel. I have used the cheap old green stuff and it does not seam to lest a good long time in the deuce. Make sure to flush the snot out of it before you add the new stuff.

Boatcarpenter

Lex,
Do some searching and see if you can find a post by Cranetruck about flushing the cooling system. It tells how many times you need to fill, bring up to temp to circulate, and then drain to get about 99% of the old coolant out of the system. It also tells what coolant to use and why for diesel engines etc.
It is a good post as usual coming from the Guru Bjorn :D
BC

sprucemt

This is what the govt uses.

Antifreeze, ethylene glycol, inhibited. Full force. MIL-A-46153C. NSN 6850-00-181-7933. Mfg by Foural Enterprises. 5 gallon pail.