• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cooler failure

rustystud

Well I'm pissed off and disgusted today !!!!
About 4 weeks ago we had a total power failure at the house. So I started up the good old MEP-003 and powered up the house. My new shop is "not" on this generator and I did not think about my military freezer unit which I had stored in the new shop full of meat.
The power was off for 11 hours and when it started back up, my freezer unit started back up in refrigerator mode, not "Freezer" mode which I did not know at the time.
Today I was working by the freezer and smelled something really off. Opening up the freezer I almost threw-up as the stench was almost unbearable !
Needless to say, I ruined the unit. There is no way I can remove this smell, plus the "juice" from the rotting meat had run inside the unit into the whole bottom of the freezer into the electrical parts.
Now all I can do is try and salvage as much as I can of the electrical parts like the really expensive "Amphenol" connectors.

A lot of people who are evacuated for wildfires end up there too. The best technique is to wash with a strong vinegar solution, let it dry, then wash with a saturated baking soda solution, then rinse with water. Good luck.

Do let it dry or you'll get a chemical reaction.

rustystud

I'd try the suggested remedies! Nothing at all to loose and if they work? FANTABULOUS!!

You are correct though, that smell is HORRENDOUS!!
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys, but that liquid muss got into the electronics. I tried to get it to go into "freeze" mode but no luck. In fact it wasn't even working on refrigerator mode. The fans where running, but the compressor would not come on.
I have only myself to blame here. I should have remembered the freezer unit and checked on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks