• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cooling of CUCV during summer.

frznamn

What about it wouldn't make it work? My thinking is you have the kickers open with the fan pulling air through the cab should help wouldn't it? Tint would help but its kinda a double edge sword, have it dark enough to really help you can't see have it light enough to see it doesn't really help.

cucvrus

No insulation on the steel walls, ceiling and floor don't help either. Really it's a CUCV. When I drive a CUCV in summer I sweat in the winter I can roast and the other discomforts just go with the vehicle. In my case I bought a 1996 CUCV at a police auction. It turned out being a CUCV= Civilian Under Cover Vehicle. When I paid the lady at the evidence/treasurers office it turned out being a 1996 Cadillac Sedan Deville. Loaded with everything. And an older Police LT. that was not as enthused as I was about buying it. Seems he wanted it. CUCV's are sweat boxes. Unless you go the whole way and put a complete insulation and A/C unit in one. IMHO I will sweat a bit and drive my new truck in the HOT weather. that is just an opinion. Your may differ. Have a great day. Stay COOL. Open the windows and drive 55.

Drock

I drive my M1028 about 3000 miles per month, mostly highway driving. What works for me is to close the passenger windows, then open the drivers window & vent, and both of the foot well vents. Then I got one of those Walmart clip on fans and clipped it to the passenger rifle mount. I think it would be better if I installed a slider rear window though.2cents

frznamn

The sliding back windows are nice if you keep the bed clean of debris. I can't remember if my 85 had the sliding rear window but it was a four door so I'd open the back windows kickers and window vents and it create a nice vacuum.

frznamn

That would help, all I know is I rode around in a 86 s10 for 4 years and what sucked was the foot wells roasted my feet and my first experience with kicker panels opened my eyes to comfort without a/c

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks