• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cooling system mod

orrisd4

Im still working on getting all the hoses on my a2 repaired .This seems like a good time to ask this ,
can a coolant filter be used with a fuel fired coolant heater ? Also has anyone managed to hookup a recovery bottle to an a2 if so please point me to it .(yes i have looked , nothing is coming up)

goldneagle

If you put a T in line of the heater hoses you should be fine. Check out my thread on M923 to see how i did mine. I have separate shut-off valves for the filter and the heater.

orrisd4

yes , we have always called em recovery bottles, same thing just a different name , also eagle i was planning to do away with the water heater altogether and run an arctic fuel burner ,

goldneagle

yes , we have always called em recovery bottles, same thing just a different name , also eagle i was planning to do away with the water heater altogether and run an arctic fuel burner ,
Then just use the existing lines to the coolant bypass filter and call it a day. Good prices for the setup on AMAZON.com.