• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cooling water temperature

gajol

Hello,

i have exchanged the voltmeter for a temperature gauge. while driving the temperature sometimes went up to 230° F. What is the maximum temperature for the engine? Is that normal?

Thanks for your advice.

cucvrus

Upper hose where it meets the engine. That 2 bolt flanged housing is the thermostat housing. Use care when extracting the 2 - 15 mm hex bolts. Sometimes the aluminum threads come out with the bolts. Good Luck and Please report back.

gajol

Fortunately, the expansion worked out well. I ordered the thermostat directly from rockauto.com in the USA. I ordered on Saturday and the parts were with me in Germany today. That was really fast. The Aluminuim part is a bit warped and wants to do the sealing with Hylomar M. I am still waiting for that now.

Attachments

gajol

here is a short update: i installed the thermostat and only sealed it with hylomar, that did not work. There was a big sourness. i have now sealed with two layers of paper seal and hylomar. it seems to work now.

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
here is a short update: i installed the thermostat and only sealed it with hylomar, that did not work. There was a big sourness. i have now sealed with two layers of paper seal and hylomar. it seems to work now.
1. Where is the gasket? I would use a gasket in conjunction with gasket sealant.
2. Is your temperature gauge electric or manual? I just had some interesting problems with electric thermostats giving me false temperature readings of 220-240 degrees while the engine was actually running 195. I ended up replacing the gauge with a mechanical and all is well. https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/running-hot-or-maybe-not.193753/
Good luck.

gajol

chevymike

I would highly suggest adding in a Cooling Upgrade Kit from Paradox to ANY 6.2/6.5. Make a huge difference in keeping the temps balanced across the block and heads as well as burping the back of the block constantly.

www.paradoxbydesign.com
I bought and recently installed one on my M1010. Haven't gotten the new gauges in so not sure what temp I am running but figured it would be good to keep temps balanced.

MarcusOReallyus

Is your temperature gauge electric or manual? I just had some interesting problems with electric thermostats giving me false temperature readings of 220-240 degrees while the engine was actually running 195.

It's not a bad idea to verify temps with an IR gun.

Keith_J

I have a mechanical coolant temperature gauge, a failing thermostat will go to 230 °F . You will feel a lot of heat from the heater core too since these don't have heater core bypass, there is always coolant flowing through the core.
I had a 4 month old Gates OE style fail on me. Now running a generic one made in Israel. 14 months no issues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks