• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cornering the Market on Deuce Engines

Amxhunter

There are 20 something NEW Deuce engines for sale, you know where, and they all have basically the same bid for each one.

OUCH !.

Good luck to the bidder. just hope nobody else would like to have a reasonable price . Oh , what am i saying , that IS a reasonable price.

Actually it probably is, especially if , and it looks like they are NEW.

I just think the buyer will try and do the 100% Markup.

The man with the gold makes the rules, huh :)

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are not allowed to post current or upcoming auction information. Please delete your thread.

Sephirothq

I don't see any auction information there, just a mention of a bid process.
could be anywhere for all we know.
No location, no dates, no site, no links, no pictures.

SixSpeed

Banned
Easy guys...

Its hard to put a price on some of this surplus stuff. Yeah you can buy a whole running truck for a grand, and a good used engine for a few hundred bucks, but what is a new one worth? Not easy to put a price on these.

As the auction states, the Govt paid nearly $14000 for these. And in this case isn't used. Would I consider $3500 for a long block a little steep (considering the going prices of good used trucks), probably. But these engines have EVERYTHING attached to them. A true bolt in affair.

I would be curious to see where these engines end up though. I would personally be a little weary of paying that much for one of these engines. Probably a major dealer/distributor going after them. That is the only way you could make profit on top of the purchased price. Either by selling them as is or putting them in trucks to sell.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I doubt that you will see many of these being sold here. Some of these big dealers pay the fees to export these trucks and can get away with exports. Once that door is open, bye bye new engines. Canned motors (or engines as indicated in another thread) have been going up in price for some time. Eventually the surplus supply will dry up and I'll be happy that I have 4 can motors and a bunch of new pistons/sleeves.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NO,

The post meets the requirements of the forum. I would tell you to get a life but I'm not vindictive.
Looks like this thread breaks this rule- "• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GSA auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed."

Just because you say " You know where" doesn't mean it's not a GL/GSA auction. It is.

One of the mods has already commented on the thread without deleting it so I guess it was deemed ok but I'm with Bruce on this one.

Elwenil

Agreed, I think the line has to be drawn somewhere and to prevent future issues of "this thread wasn't deleted so mine shouldn't either", I think the mods should maybe hold the line and not any such postings go through, especially considering the antagonistic turn the thread has taken. I'm not a mod, and this is just my .02

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
It takes all the heads/mods to agree to enforce the rule, if 2 out of 5 for example think its ok then oh well. (above our pay grades)

You know by posting this we all know where the engines are up for auction. You did get away with it because you didnt say what auction place its at but you did let the cat outta the bag on SS for the guys who werent watching for them. Recovery's right (wish he wasnt) but im sure the big export guys will snag them up and they will go for big bucks. - Jay

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If I had seen this sooner, I would have deleted it.

It serves absolutely, 100% ZERO purpose that would not have been served had it been posted after the end of the auction.

flyxpl

I quit bidding at $ 3000 . thought about going to 3800 . but figured I would rather have another truck . After GLs 10% and taxes think they were over 4000 .

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As another person said, now everyone and their dog knows about it.

That is unfair to those who work to diligently watch, thereby earning the opportunity.

If the thread is still around when the item is closed, a discussion of the price of canned engines might be useful.

TexAndy

There's no fair or unfair about it. Would it be unfair for me to tell a friend about an upcoming auction by word of mouth? There's no difference in effect: increased numbers of bidders. I understand why it would upset someone... but it's not like government auctions are some kind of mystic rites that only the faithful earn the opportunity to bid upon. I thought the point of not linking to current auctions was to avoid all appearance of bid collusion? Now it's to make sure people don't get wind of auctions? It might be my imagination at work... but doesn't GL itself advertise upcoming auctions here?

Amxhunter

If I had seen this sooner, I would have deleted it.

It serves absolutely, 100% ZERO purpose that would not have been served had it been posted after the end of the auction.

My apologies ;)

Not my intent to stir up a hornets nest. This thread is done.:deadhorse:

But , ........ and you knew there was.

I knew for several days that the engines were going to be up for sale. GL folks there are real nice. I waited till the 11th hour , OK so maybe it was the 6th hour to put this up.

It was my intent to draw attention to the price only and that all of them were going for almost exactly the same price which smelled like a bulk buy from a dealer, exactly like what has happened with the trucks and that the little guy ain't got a chance.

I also know that the auction disappears off the screen after the auction and if you wanted to peek at the sale you had to know it was going on.

But enough, If i post something to this effect again, it'll be in Morse code. I should have done a better job of veiling the sale.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The best way to think about it is, would you mention a item before auction close that you were bidding on? I know everybody on here knows about GL and watches it every week but stuff still goes unnoticed from time to time. No need to let everybody in on it.

I agree that this thread wouldn't be seen as collusion but it can lead to that as people reply and talk about it more. Best to just not go there ;-).

baxter

AMXHUNTER I would like to politely disagree alittle. Myself and some friends have bid against some of the dealers and won I have talked to a local dealer here who im sure everyone knows and after talking to him about some trucks that came up for bid here in UT he got all the trucks we didnt take we got the 4 we wanted and he got the rest. We were all very happy what we got them for and he told me that he knows what price he can pay and still make the money he wants and of it goes over that than ohwell he doesnt get the item. I just say go as high as you feel good and ejoy the excitement of the auction. I have gotten some nice items that I had to fight for and lost others. I also noticed these motors and was wondering what they would go for there was also an LDS up for auction that would be fun.