• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coro Virus Boredom

dmetalmiki

Oh dear, What to do (That there is no point in doing!)..Another full lock down and definitely no further events meetings or shows for quite some time into the future.
But any way, Despite everyone being thoroughly cheesed off and generally just mooching around the hobbies,
I worked up some enthusiasm to do a little more (Hard Work)..On my latest acquisition the GMC M135.
So I stripped down and modified some M35 troop seats and backing bars and modified them to fit as should be on an M135 troop.
I rustled up some canvass, Got it atop the frames, which I also made up. and will be cutting it to suit later..
Next week I get the new fuel tank, And the overhauled power brake booster and master cylinder.
Just no where to go....( And So, ) It is taking some real effort to keep up moral and enthusiasm.
I will just keep plodding on....( delete "plodding'"-"insert" the really tiring hard and taxing work;).
Anywaze.. We all here wish you all there best in health and take very good care of yourselves, your families...And the people you know and care about in these VERY contagious times.
Some pictures of work done today..well quite late, Almost dark.

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We'll get back to those days when the trucks got more attention than an albino Moose. Meanwhile, I have the grease chart for the M135 and it's got more nipples than a shrewish short tailed opossum. Getting everything greased up, finding zerts that don't take grease, fixing that, getting all underneath that sweet deuce would be a treat. Thanks for getting some pics up.

PA280644.JPG

How about firing up a thread in the Early Deuce forum to expose that beautiful truck. It has something not seen by these eyes so telling us what you know about the rare sighting in the red circles would be greatly appreciated. A single stem gun mount is an interesting concept.

gunmount135.pngm135gun.png

I did notice the hood support sitting at an angle and not in its position. There's supposed to be a bump in the bottom of the hood support rod that sits in a hole on the top of the radiator. They still get get knocked out and the hoods love to chomp so be aware of the pac-man deuce hood.

Did that interior get flat green paint on it or does it have that factory shine?

dmetalmiki

OK, The bed is painted with black water based preservative that converts rust to brand new steel (Well no but you get the drift).
I paint the underside of all my trucks and wrecker bed with it.
I don't 'do 'guns. But the cadet helpers put guns on aything that stands for more than 7 minutes.
I have to admit they do give presence though.
The bonnet (Hood) Can not eat us..It is in the correct holding position with the provided stay and cut out in the hood.
The rod to the radiator is actually the hold down wind security fix, Like the spring clip on the m35s and Morris minors chevy buicks cadys etc..
The M45530C 530C TTFT is parked up there on the trailer water and foam filled and actually ready to fire up and go if needed.
Move one truck, open the shutter and whammo down and off to put out fires..

dmetalmiki

M1010 plowboy..That is an excellent suggestion. So, As there is a forum for the early deuce,
Moderators
If acceptable then please move my relevant posts to the "Early Deuce Forum" .

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks