• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Correct Color to Paint Interior Trim?

Mgood

I am looking to repaint the door panels and dash pad for my M1009. I want to make sure that I use the correct color. I am looking at using SEM brand paint and I have heard that the correct color is burgundy 15063. Is this the correct color? Has anyone used this brand of paint on their interior? Is this the best product to use? I am also now looking for a cover plate for the radio opening if anyone has one that they are looking to sell. The other part that I currently need is the plastic piece that holds down the floor liner in the back that goes along the floor under the rear seat. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

dilvoy

I use the SEM Burgandy paint and it is great! It is totally dry in less than ten minutes and can be installed with no special handeling. Cold winter weather may slow down the drying time. It is somehow totally dry within that time. Really dry door panels will eat up more paint than smooth panels, if you want to achieve a uniform sheen. I have used only one can to do a dash and two door panels, but I had to use two cans on my last Blazer. I matched the color to the back side of the door panels and it is a little darker than the Bronze color that they are moulded in, but it's close enough for me and there is no other color available that is closer, as far as I have seen. A friend took a new dash pad and some old panels to a body shop and they used a factory color code to mix some paint and they came out looking more different than the SEM Burgandy, more towards the Brown color, and it cost him $150 to have it done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks